- We become one as soon as we accept the position.
- Hiring practices are understood as no more important than asking someone to take a position in the stock room.
- Agency befuddles us. Someone, somewhere is responsible. For some reason, it’s not us.
- Our sense of management would run a company into the ground tomorrow.
- The requirement for first year writing, which, in turn, becomes the requirement for first year writing teachers, is mostly a revenue source.
- As managers, we don’ t even get a piece of that revenue pie. That not only makes us boss compositionists, but bad boss compositionists.
- The guilt extends outward from the bosses as well: In general, in English Departments, when it comes to adjunct teaching, we eat our own.
September 19, 2007
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.